Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fun Stripes

Stripes are a great pattern that can almost (I dare to say all) always go with any style. A new trick I've learned about painting stripes on a wall is using the high gloss and flat tense of the same color. That made hardly any sense. Take this beautiful oceanic themed room from one of my favorite shows, Color Splash with David Bromstad, for example:

Can you see them? I promise they're there!

And how about this color scheme?? LOVE.

They are so suttle but so gorgeous!
 
Here is a closeup of the stripes!
The room itself is to die for but I just love the simplicity of the stripes. In the episode it took them a little while to do but it was so worth it! And the best part about them is, you could do them anywhere: in a kitchen, bathroom, or a bedroom! Instead of just painting the walls a normal shade that's so boring and overused, spice it up and try this! It's definitely on my top 10 of "Remodeling Natalie's Room" ideas!

See the whole episode here.
(Make sure you check out that killer built in bookcase! So clever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment