Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chalkboard Paint

When I was a kid, I LOVED to color on walls in the staircase. Who doesn't? My mother didn't approve but I just liked the idea a big 'ol clean canvas to mess up! (I even colored on the fireplace..) You may have already heard about it or used it, but I just think chalkboard paint is the coolest thing. I don't know why it wasn't around when I was little. Not only does it come in black, but every other color in the rainbow, too.

Here are a few ideas that you can do at home with chalkboard paint:

Paint a strip on your kitchen canisters, on a piece of wood attached to your bins, or on the back of a cabinet door for messages or a to-do list.


 
Be brave and paint a whole wall or if you're not feeling that just a framed section of it looks great too!



Wish I had a playroom this cool.

 

Other Ideas:


 





There's so much you can do with this stuff! And when it gets messy, warm water with soap will get it right off! I don't know if I could paint a whole wall, but I am looking forward to making some label or something with it. It's just too cool!

You can get the paint from Lowe's or Home Depot. Chalkboard paint pens are also available for small projects. Pick up some Scotch Blue Painter's tape for perfect lines to paint on.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment